Friday, August 19, 2016

Kandi Perez Photography

Well look at me! Two days in a row for a blog!
Today I wanted to share my photography with you. I've been dabbling in it for a few years and trying to make it into a paying hobby. I still consider myself an amateur, but I think I'm getting better. I just recently discovered how to use my external flash (which was a gift this past Christmas).
Luckily my subjects have been my children and family members so they've been real patient with me as I learn the setting on my camera. But last month I got to do a friends wedding. That was fun. I didn't enjoy trying to find the right shot while getting a lot of bad shots, and being mindful of the guest by not being in their view.
This whole experience is outside my comfort box and its really hard for me so say "sure let me take your pictures and you pay me for some crappy shots"!
I've been doing a lot of research on how to be a better photographer and everywhere I read says "to find your niche", just not sure what that is. When I do take pictures, I tend to do a lot of portraits, so that must be my niche.
I dream of venturing out and having my own studio; I recently got to take my niece to her first studio session where she got dress like a mermaid, she called it Ariel mermaid, but she was just a blue-green pretty mermaid. She had so much fun, talked about that for weeks! The lady had made her basement into a studio where she had the ocean backdrop and real sand and all sorts of props.
                          Limited Editions Portraits by Lori Montag and Francine's Photography

So I had the thought of having one of those old Victorian style houses and making each room its own theme. And an old ford pick up in the back yard and old 20's convertible in the other corner. How cool would that be!?
So anyway thought I would post a few of my photos....






 I have a Facebook page here's the link Kandi Perez Photography.

So if you like what you see, like the page and/or pictures. and message me to take your pics, I'm not a professional but I enjoy it and try to do my best and I promise not to charge an arm and a leg! Haha!

Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment